Saturday, August 27, 2005

New Link: Life and Times of the Anasazi

I've added a new link that presents the information accumulated by my archeology professor, Dr. John Kantner. He is an authority on the subject of Southwestern archeology, specifically the Anasazi and the emergence of complex society. His work was recently featured on "Digging for the Truth", a show on the history channel that explores archeological mysteries. I'm not a student a Georgia State anymore, but when I was there, my degree concentration focused on archeology. And this guy was a great professor. He helped me out quite a bit by allowing me to work in the lab. He also recommended the field project that I participated in this past June. For these reasons, and the fact that he is just a great guy, I wanted to feature his research on my blog. What follows is a summary of his work in his own words. His site goes into much more detial, so take a few minutes to check it out. It's really interesting stuff.

"My research is broadly focused on how cooperative and competitive behaviors stimulate increased sociopolitical complexity, in the present as well as in the past. This research is informed by evolutionary theory and human behavioral ecology, which looks at the process of individual decision-making within a group context. My efforts to generally apply this theoretical perspective to understanding human behavior follow several different avenues: human behavioral ecology, Chaco Anasazi, regional analysis, ceramic analysis, and community analysis."

No comments: