Sunday, August 28, 2005

Firewalls

I tell ya; my firewall always has my back. I have a friend in the IT business, and he helped me purchase the components for the computer I have now. Well, he is amazed that I have not had any problems since we built this PC over a year and a half ago. I tell him that it is thanks to my firewall. It costs me $30 a year, and I know there are free firewalls on-line. But this one has stopped all intrusions thus far. It is worth it. I only mention it because, tonight, there was another attack on my CPU. If you refer to my archives, I posted my, "Somebody Hates You" blog the last time it happened. With my firewall, I can trace the point of origin for every attempted invasion. This one, like the last, came from South Korea, or, at least, it was relayed from South Korea. I've used this firewall for the entire time I've had this CPU, and it always lets me know when somebody's fucking with me. Don't get me wrong; I still have a backup hard drive. But I sleep better knowing that my firewall always has my back.

No comments: