Wednesday, August 17, 2011

RECIDIVISM

I did not even know I knew this word existed until I woke with it in my head Monday morning. I had to look it up to find its meaning. Isn't that strange. A word... I often wake with songs in my head. I time my sleep, so I wake up during a dream cycle. (A trick I leaned when reading about how to have lucid dreams.) So I often remember what I was dreaming. But to recall a word; a specific, uncommon word; a previously unknown word.

Recidivism: the act of a person repeating an undesirable behavior after they have either experienced negative consequences of that behavior, or have been treated or trained to extinguish that behavior.

Such a great word. My children practice the philosophy of recidivism. (Always use a new word in a sentence, right.) Why did I wake with it in my head?

No comments: