Thursday, October 06, 2005

NLDS

I've been fortunate enough to attend both games of the series thus far. A short synopsis of each follows:

Game 1

Tim Hudson is a gamer. I've seen him pitch several times this season, but he did not have his stuff for this one. He gave up five walks through the third inning and finally seemed to settle down. The Astros got to him again in the beginning of the 7th, and Cox pulled him. Rookie, Devine, followed with a quick out, but after that, Rietsma and Foster combined to give up 5 hits and 5 runs in the 8th, successfully nullifying another Jones/Jones homerun tandum. The Astros won 10-5.

On a lighter note. My Dad made the trip from Blackshear, GA to attend the game with me. He and I have a lot of great memories of games at Turner Field and Fulton County Stadium, but this one was a heart breaker. We still had a great time hanging out, but this was the only game he has been able to attend this season. I wish he could have witnessed a solid win.

Game 2

Smoltzie showed up and delivered a gem. He pitched 7 innings and gave up 1 run while striking out 5. We rocked the "Rocket" for 6 hits and 5 runs in 5 innings. The fireworks came from rookie Brian McCann, an Atlanta native who ripped a 3 run homer in the second. It was all Braves from then on. Great defense and steady run production led to a Braves win with a score of 7 to 1.

My wife, Paige, was in attendance with me, and we had a great time. I think Sosa will produce a win for us on Saturday, but I'm still going to get tickets for a prospective game 5. I will keep you "posted". GO BRAVES!

HOUSTON, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM.

No comments: