Sunday, March 09, 2008

My Lawn Mowing Song

The White Stripes album, Icky Thump, came out last year just after we closed on our house, and I would always listen to it while mowing my lawn. Like a scent that triggers a memory, "Catch Hell Blues" will always be associated with pushing my Briggs and Stratton up the mountainous region I call a yard.



ALSO, this song in particular reminds me of hanging out in Jody's garage apartment in the mid 90s. It was the place to be in Waycrizzy, and if you leave out the slide that Jack White uses, it sounds like Jody's best work on the electric. Meg's rudimentary drumming even mimics Mason's perfectly.

This video stops before the best verses begin, so I recommend you purchase or illegally download the complete version. While you're at it, get their complete discography; it's worth it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cant wait to check it out, oh.. and thanks for blogging again... its good to have you back around the blogosphere.