Monday, November 14, 2005

Foucault's Pendulum



Think of this book as a literary DaVinci Code. It is steeped in Templar mysticism and the occult. If you are interested in the occult, the Crusades, or conspiracy; you should check this one out. I’m fascinated with cultural histories, and I have read much about the Knights of the Temple of Solomon. But this book is full of cultural and historical references that had me spinning. These intricacies have much to do with the storyline, and I hope one of you reads it. Don’t let the references put you off. I would love to be able to speak with someone about it.

I believe this photo shows the location of the novel’s climax. Even if it doesn’t, it somewhat correlates to my created image of the scene. The pendulum is much smaller here than it was in my head. But it still puts a concrete image with the story. Which makes me wonder; did it really happen?

No comments: